May 30, 2006

the city


When a client puts you up on the 23rd floor of a 5-star hotel, your camera takes full advantage of the situation. After yesterday's window, it is only natural to show you Kuala Lumpur's skyline.

For the past few months, I have been toying with the idea of taking my photography to another level. With this shot, I realised the limitations of a point-and-shoot camera. In the next week or so, you'll be seeing the results of my new camera, a Nikon D70s. It's about time to send my compact to the service centre anyway. Mould has started to develope under the lens. Until then, enjoy what my P-100 has seen.

Inilah bandar aku.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Great shot, Edwin! love it!
awaiting the photos from your new cam!

4:46 PM  
Blogger perle de rosée said...

A great skyline !

5:09 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Nice one Edwin, captures KL really well.What time of the day was it?

7:56 PM  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

Kris: Picked up my new cam today and took it for a spin at KLCC park. A bright sunny day with kids playing in the 'footbaths.' The manual for the camera is doing my head in!

Thanks Perle De Rosée!

Mark: It was just after 11am.

10:44 PM  
Blogger angelin said...

kuala lumpur(!): the only city with the greens and (real) mountains as backdrop.
best viewed sky-high.

5:01 PM  
Blogger kostas said...

Very nice view.Point and shoot cameras are very good for learning about digital photography but foe a serious work we must have a DSLR.
As I know Nikon D70S is a very good one.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Nicola said...

Great skyline picture!!

4:50 AM  
Blogger Ineke said...

I know Edwin, the manual is exhausting! Lovely shot and good luck with the Nikon!

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shots serve as a reminder of how glorious is the city that I love so very much while it simultaneously jeers at me for having left it for the sake of ambition.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too bought a new camera after realizing the limitations of a point and click. Mine will be on my hands next week. It will be a Canon Powershot A620, which is still a point and click camera, but it has option to use it manually.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Sex klonopin sampras tennis health insurance printer cartridges hp Hypnosis lose weight cd top rated software downloads doc martin tv http://www.lasik-eye-surgery-4.info Hawaiian shirt clipart

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home