May 21, 2006

together forever


I'm back and had, as usual, a wonderful time in the Lion City. I also had a few very interesting conversations with Singaporean taxi drivers, topics from the lost meaning of life to how jazz is a difficult genre to promote. For me, it was welcomed. I'm rehearsing for a play that deals with Singaporean issues. To listen to these voices added to the research I needed to do. If you ever get a chance to see pictures of Singaporeans celebrating their National Day, you'll be amazed on how united the nation is as a people. Everyone in the stadium is dressed in the national colours of red and white. The political situation there was also one of my discussed topics with a partner of a jazz lounge. Great music. Great words exchanged.

This picture, taken last week in my car (again), reminds me of the government-churned public service slogans of this fabulous city I recently returned from. I wonder if other Malaysians feel the same way when they see it on the road? Occupational hazard perhaps.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Nichols said...

I'm catching up and wanted to tell you I love all your pictures. I hope you were able to recover the ones from your hard drive when it crashed.

2:07 AM  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

Thanks ever so. Yes, I retrieved the photos. thank heavens.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home