June 3, 2006

blue skies


It's Saturday and the sun is up and smiling. It masks the tragedies that have happened in our region. The earthquake, the island crisis and just recently, a landslide in a suburb in KL. The media, of course, relish in providing us with gruesome information. Death and terror, policy (conflict) decision making rule the waves. Happy, positive news usually only get the 1 minute soundbite at the end of the news.

Life. Don't fear it. Celebrate it. Have a good weekend everyone.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

what landslide? gosh, i got to find out ...thanks !

2:58 PM  
Blogger Lisi said...

Hi Edwin, beautiful shot, when I see your photo I looked out and see a slight hint of blue sky :-)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I wonder if there was an experiement, if one channel reported bad news and another reported good news (might even be the same news just with the different slants), which would viewers watch? I like to think I'd watch the news that focused on the good rather than the bad. Now I often choose not to watch any news, just to avoid feeling so helpless and pained at the misery and fear.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

I understand how you feel. i don't know whether it's me or the news today really is pushing the limits of unsavoury news. Everytime I turn on the news, it's bad. The newspapers are the same, either 'world death' or some banal report just to pick the space.

For me, it's a tricky position. Personally, I'm avoiding it but for work, I have to keep abreast of what's going on. Sometimes I feel my personal space violated.

But we go on because we have to.

Thanks for your comment Annie.

12:11 PM  
Blogger midnitebara said...

beautiful!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Kala said...

excellent cloud shot! I really like the rich blue sky!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home