June 14, 2006

T minus 3


These little square pancake-looking things are called Murtabak. Filled with minced chicken or beef, onions, egg, spices and served with pink pickled onions and curry. I know Kris in Szentes would probably miss having these. It's usually an Indian-Muslim speciality but the Malays have caught on to a good thing and started selling them too. This is a Malay man you see cooking and behind him another pouring the curry into little packets. A quick take-away for a hearty meal.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

i thought it's originated from the malays? ah, nvm ..just give me a close.up of the "inti" *swallowing hard*

4:12 PM  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

I was wondering too. So, i check with my mum, the food expert, and she said that the mamaks were the inventors. It's tough to find a good murtabak nowadays...

6:19 PM  
Blogger Nicola said...

Looks yummy. Reminds me of french toast.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home