February 16, 2008

school ties


Ingrained in most of us are the memories of our high school years. The friends, activities and the advent of adulthood. So, I went back one day to see how much it's changed. The front gates are smaller. Apart from that, the memories are intact. The statue you see in this picture is of the founder of my school, St.John Baptist de La Salle. Click here to read more on the history and if you scroll all the way down the page to Notable Johannians, you see my name. I was very proud to find myself listed.

Have a great weekend.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shoshana said...

Why is it that our schools when we go back years later is much smaller than we thought?

Shoshana

3:00 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Because we've grown into bigger boys and girls :)

But really, the gates of my school are now smaller. The caretakers replaced the original gates.

4:44 PM  
Blogger marley said...

I love the look of your former school, mine was just 1960's concrete! The red and white is so striking. Have a goo weekend too :)

1:07 AM  
Blogger Chuck Pefley said...

Amazing how perspective changes our perceptions. You have every right to be proud of your school accomplishments! Congratulations!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

You know what, Edwin ? My daughter Inès goes to a St Jean-Baptiste de la Salle school here in Avignon. Had no idea there was one in KL.
Great school BTW.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

your school produced lots of famous people ya! :-)

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home