March 17, 2006

micasa


I was out with some friends in one of KL's suburbs browsing all the audio equipment stores. They're helping to set up the sound system for a new jazz lounge that opens this coming Monday. I decided I needed to a quick nicotine escape and walked out the store. I lit my cigarrette and as I lifted my eyes, this man looked at me. He wasn't a beggar. He was one of the few homeless that wander the streets. I quickly grabbed my camera and he remained looking. I took a few pictures and didn't know which one I wanted to post. It was a toss-up betweeen this one and one of him looking straight at the camera, his eyes telling a very sad story. I decided on this one. As he walks away from a city that has no place for a lost soul. The irony is that most of us follow aimlesslessly.

4 Comments:

Blogger midnitebara said...

People migrate to big cities hoping for a better life,and some end up like the man on your picture. It's a sad reality.(sigh)
Back home, I see them too often. Here in Akita, I have not seen one and I hope it stays that way.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Denton said...

I does seem that the larger cities have a larger homeless challenge. It is a sad reality. I struggle with how best to handle the issue of begging. I feel like money is better spent giving to the charities which help the homeless.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Denton said...

I does seem that the larger cities have a larger homeless challenge. It is a sad reality. I struggle with how best to handle the issue of begging. I feel like money is better spent giving to the charities which help the homeless.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

Brave? Kindred spirits perhaps. He knew I wanted to take pictures and he let me.

Again, thanks and the Daily Photo madness is a great window to the world outside my front door.

It is sad, Denton, about the homeless situation in large cities. But unlike most countries, we don't have homeless shelters. What's worse, we have a beggars syndicate here in KL, people who use beggars and homeless, with promise of shelter, to collect street donations for the own selfish needs.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home