April 10, 2006

doing the rounds


Nice patrol car, don't you think? Now, that a closer look at the sticker/decal that's on the back windscreen. It says, "Jangan Rasuah." No Bribery. This is the new campaign that the Police Dept. started last year. It's more for the cops than it is for us laymen. The police here have a very bad reputation for taking bribes. The campaign is to promote a better public image. Not that its helping. I was stopped for a minor road offence a couple of days ago and when he asked if I wanted to 'settle,' I showed the cop an empty wallet and he let me go without a ticket. Someone please raise their salaries!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe i can go to DBKL and ask for a refound.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

lol ! i had the same experience :)

4:54 PM  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

You can try Bob-i but I doubt it!

I have noticed that the amount they ask for now is much less. Like tha'll pacify the campaign. yeah right!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

LOL - at least he let you go without the ticket!

11:39 PM  
Blogger G Fraser said...

if only the police around here were so easy-going! am quite glad that they can't issue on the spot fines here tho.

Edwin - mail me some more info about the play and I'll see what I can do. grannd@mac.com

12:16 AM  
Blogger The Alchemist said...

wow do they really need a bumb er sticker to deter people - veery corrupt indeed - I;m sorry for this - I hope it doesnt effect you much!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

they sticker/campaign hasn't changed anything. if anything it makes the cops sneekier than ever. the denizens of KL continue to pay and the campaign is a laughing matter. we're so used to the bribing. not that we like it but the cops really can make life difficult.

thanks grant. will write you soon.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home