September 10, 2006

feline mysteries


I've never been a lover of cats. Having 3 very demanding canines made sure of that. However, bigger cats like tigers, leopards, panthers...absolutely stunning creatures but can't keep one at home, can I?

Little independent creatures, cats. I'm not sure what it is about them that I find interesting yet I have no passion for keeping one as a pet. Maybe it's the way the look at you, they was they move as if every bone was independent of the other bones. I once saw a cat fall from a first floor window. Unless it's a bird, no other animal would've come out of a fall totally unscathed.

There a lot of stray cats in KL. Every food stall you go to will have at least one anorexic-looking cat lurking under the table. You look down at them and if you're fortunate enough to have them return the look, it nevers fails to stun you how remarkable their eyes are. Always piercing. Usually saying, "Feed me, you fool!" or "Yes? You looking at me, you fool?"

This little kitty that I took a picture of refused to look at me but it never moved. I just kept clicking. It just kept looking away. I wonder what he was thinking?

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

coincidently few nights ago i took several shots of the two cats and they looked like a relative of the cat on your photo - same colour, same stripes..

what i found amazing is that they didn't budge even when the camera flash lit them - maybe they are used to performing =)

maybe i'll post it sometime later

5:15 PM  
Blogger wmw said...

Reminds me of the look from Puss In Boots from Shrek 2, those two big round eyes! Ha ha ha...

5:35 PM  
Blogger Juggerpix said...

It's thinking "Fine, if you don’t feed me, I'm not going to look at you".

I like cats actually, but I'm allergic. So I got 2 birds that are far less loving than the most reclusive cat.

I like dogs too, but they are too… needy for me.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Cats are interesting creatures to say the least! I have one and I often times wake up to her staring at me just inches from my face…this is just because she wants to eat, but I must say it’s a little bit disturbing.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

Hi, Tiger calling! As usual, I'm the same as you re. cats & dogs, though I've softened lately, I noticed. Often take photos of them. Probably 'cos I like Margarida. You may have seen some pictures I posted 2 weeks ago of Margarida the FC Porto football club fan. She was 8 yrs old last week. When she was about 2, she fell.........5 FLOORS! Was found some hours later very badly battered, hiding in a garage entrance. Look at her now & you'd never know. No explanation for that, but it's true.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Cats decide when whom they attch themselves to, don't you think? It's not necessarily who feeds them, but I do find them relatively devoid of personality COMPARED TO dogs. I know cat lovers will disagree but I'm with you, I love dogs.

4:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's thinking..."You can't take my shot unless I get a feed! And if I'm going on the blog, then I want a weeks board too! And those 3 dogs must go!"

2:50 PM  
Blogger Bunyamin Najmi said...

I don't like to raise pet. I just like to see it

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont have cats, but I see people feeding stray cats every nite at the place where I stay.

5:11 PM  
Blogger StarByte said...

As they say, dogs have masters / owners. Cats have servants.

I must go, my three masters are very demanding. Good thing I've the dog to boss around!

(grin)

5:27 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Wonderful comments! Such a rich variety of humour, esp. yours Starbyte!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Chad Oneil Myers said...

I really like this image of the cat. I also am facinated with photographing felines but have no desire to own one right now.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love the way the colors of the dirt and trash container echo the colors of the kitty! Makes those green eyes so cool and deep. Kudos on a subtle, sweet catch.
-Kim

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home