September 9, 2006

morning reflection


It's early morning and the colour of the sky is deceptively cool. If you're unfamiliar with the weather, you wouldn't guess from the blues coming through the window than in less than a couple of hours, sweat becomes a second skin. I love the mornings when I have to wake up. The air is still cool and crisp. I can smell the cleaniness of the air and the scent of dew, especially from the damp grass. Fresh and clean. It is from these moments that give me the energy to last the day no matter what the temperature will rise to later in the day. Lately, I've getting out of bed at noon. I haven't recovered from the lack of sleep from about 4 weeks ago. So, I'm slowly catching up.

However, today I woke up early and went outside with my coffee to say hello to the morning. It was absolutely wonderful. It looks like a great day. I think so. Hope you have a great one too.

12 Comments:

Blogger alice said...

A good week-end to you, Edwin.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like your posts with a feeling in them, how do you do it? Salut.

Have a good weekend!

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*curious* are you snapping from your bathroom? i like the way the circle of the mirror intersected the straight lines of the window and tiles.

it looks like a perfect time for yoga practice :)

5:02 PM  
Blogger Juggerpix said...

Cool! I'm reading this just about when the light is about the same here, except I'm about to go to bed. I'd take a picture as well, but that would take ambition.

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you're having a good time!
how was the kopi-o?

7:32 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

The thought of the cool mornings contrasts so beautifully with yesterday's story of the stifling humidity!

Great theatre shots earlier, too. loved them.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

It IS a good weekend, despite the week behind. In my blog travels last night 6 now, I have learned of a pregnancy - hopefully to go all the way this time; a wedding today that has been counted down on a blog for months by the bride,with great comments by the groom (he finished the comment for today with: "Will you marry me today?")and other positives. So, it's reassuring to see that the world goes on turning, renewing. The lack of sleep: ditto! The sweat like a second skin that has throns on the inside: yep, we've got thatatthe moment. But unlike you, I'll be missing the summer heat in 2 months from now. An enjoyful rest of the weekend to you too Ed.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

PS Throns on the inside?? Yeah, that's what those thorns are, they're throns!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good morning Edwin! I love early mornings... i can almost picture myself with a cup of coffee too. I agree with ananangel, really a perfect time for yoga or meditation.

12:44 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Yup, loved my 2 cups of kopi-O and yes, this is my bathroom window ;)

I need to relax soon. My body is crying out for sleep and my head is in a mess. Yoga please!

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i learnt this alternative nostril breathing yoga thing - sit down and windmill ONE arm and wave it about (concentrate on it of course) while breathing furiously (i.e. deeply) and one nostril will 'pop' open. it works and its quite cute when you realise you are breathing thru one side.

:) try it. took me abt 5 minutes, but its worth it!

7:42 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Thanks for the tip anaangel ;)

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home