October 14, 2006

backstage pt.11


Seeing that Melissa, my stage manager, has given me an all-access go-ahead to snap shots during the performance, every opportunity I get, I'm there lurking in the darkness. I feel like the Phantom of this Chinese Opera. My role, though important to the show, is only 6 minutes of the entire 2 1/2 hours. Kinda like Judi Dench in Shakespeare In Love, though I doubt I'll be winning any Oscars. That leaves me lots of time inbetween to be the unofficial archivist.

2 shows more and it's all over. Of the hundreds of shots, I've compiled close to 150 of the best which I'll be putting on disc as a farewell present to each and everyone in the production. Here's is one of the shots. Soo Suan, the female lead, as she waits for our daily briefing to begin.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

La DIVA, superbe titre, superbe photo, superbe portrait, superbe noir et blanc.Bravo

5:36 PM  
Blogger Lisi said...

Ed, wonderful B/W portrait

11:01 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Gee, I was gone for two weeks, and look at this fabulous show. I personally wouldn't mind if you did another month of the this show! Great job and good for your stage manager!!!

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo, Edwin! I love the B&W!!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Matthieu said...

Like the previous visitors, I really like this B/W picture.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

that is a very striking shot. i am impressed. it's great! i shall wait until you are feeling better to pick your brains. go easy dude ;0)

9:16 AM  
Blogger selana18 said...

Really nice capture ED!
Your's black and white are super great!All the production and the artists are very lucky to have you for shots-I am sure that they will be very happy with your cd!
I hope that you had a nice weekend!

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one word - excellent!

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring the show on a round the world tour, am sure all the DP bloggers will attend them when it comes to our city :-)

12:08 AM  
Blogger wmw said...

A great B&W shot with great contrast!

1:58 AM  
Blogger midnitebara said...

great portrait shot, edwin!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fabulous!!
i really enjoy seeing the the beauty and the beautiful photos!!
...Jing

6:59 AM  
Blogger Sadia said...

Beautiful photo! Hehe, I also feel creepy sometimes lurking around with my camera trying not to be seen.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Sadia said...

Beautiful photo! Hehe, I also feel creepy sometimes lurking around with my camera trying not to be seen.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Edwin, that's a wonderful photo you have posted. The b/w is very cool and I love reading your posts.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I'm glad that you have time to photograph your colleagues because you have produced some wonderful shots.!!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home