November 18, 2006

pinked 1


Today begins a KLDP mini-series. A collection of 3 or 4 shots from one place. In this case, it's a shop in the famous Sungai Wang shopping complex. My friend Karen told me about a 'Pink' shop where everything in it is pink. It doesn't have a name (I think) and really, everything is pink! A shop without fluorescent lighting! In the shop itself there are a few items that are coloured (some greens and blues) but pink is the order of the day.

I got some really great shots and I'm sharing the madness of KL youth fashion with you. How many shades of pink can you think off? I thought of a few but when I saw this shop, I had to rethink my mind's pink collection.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

superbe photo et couleur. on se croirait dans une boite de nuit pour sac à main ;o)


superb photograph and color. one would believe oneself in one limps of night for hand bag ;o)

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am ready Edwin to follow you in your mini series.:) this first pinky photo is a good start!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do the salesmen/women have pink hair?

4:18 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Edwin, this is excellent. I think pink must be "this year's colour"!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Edwin your city really comes alive through your camera's lens. Another great shot.....can't wait to see the remaining series!

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At home today dialup is loading your photo SLOWLY, but what I can see of the pink flower lights is GORGEOUS. I love pink. The contrasts in the photo make the pink stand out. My daughter worked at Pink, Inc. in NYC this summer :). Can't wait to see more of Sungai Wang.

12:09 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

surprisingly, the sales staff didn't have pink hair!

well Ruth, you've just given me an idea to walk around Sungai Wang ;o

hehehhehehehhehehhehehhehhehe

2:01 AM  
Blogger Matthieu said...

In France, I have already seen some shops that sell only dark garments ...

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before reading about your photo I thought you had played with the color to make everything look pink.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

HEY! VERY COOOOOOOOOOL! AND HEY AGAIN! I have PINK HAIR...guess I could work here!!!! LOL! ;-)

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The variety of shades of pink here is superb, so is the composition and the rendering of textures. I wish I could do this!

No for fashion and shopping, sorry I'm not crazy about that. Give me bushwalking instead anytime!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

arrghhh so pink! so barbie doll....

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home