November 12, 2006

Petaling Street pt.6


With all the 'practical' things you can buy in Petaling Street, there's also a fair amount of nonsense. Like this strange thing in a bottle. I noticed it from a few feet away and was instantly drawn to it. At first I thought it was a traditional medicine kind of thing. As I approached, I saw little packets of animals and insects. You throw them in water and they expand. Aaahhh, something to keep kids occupied for a couple of minutes. Good if you have a mad scientist for a child. Then he can keep the bottles on his shelf and impress his Igor-like friends.

It's Sunday and the sky is clear for the first time in weeks. I'm going to laze in the garden today. A couple of magazines and an ice-cold cola will do the trick. Have a good day and I'll see you tomorrow.

20 Comments:

Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

Wish I could be with you! It's starting to get cold here. :(

1:13 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

You're right - when my son was 4 or 5 such things amused him for a few minutes at a time!

Hope you're having a great Sunday. The son is out chucking water bombs with the neighbourhood kids! I guss small things still amuse.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enfant j'ais aussi decoupe des grenouilles, mais j'aimais pas cela.
tres bon post.


child I board also cutting of frogs, but I did not like that. very good post.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

what do you do with it when its hydrated? the animal in the jar i mean ;0)

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOLLL, nice photo and comments.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Irredento Urbanita said...

If I were a child I would like that toy, I only hope not to find snakes, hehhehehe. Good daily photo Edwin.

Greetings from Barcelona

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*mental note* not to bring a kid near this shop! hmmm..i would love one though.

Enjoy the garden!

6:15 PM  
Anonymous zebigleb said...

Very funny stuff ! I'd like to try :-)

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yeah, my kids got hold of one of those about a year ago - you're right, it kept them amused for about 2 and a half minutes!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Edwin, I suppose I should say something nice (but we're friends, right?!), but I find those creatures rather gross. Colours are interesting, tho!

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Ruth said...

Hope you had a relaxing day in the garden. I enjoy your pictures (even if this one was freaky).

10:24 PM  
Anonymous w said...

Every fireplace mantle needs one of this. :-)

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you explained what it was - before I read the explanation I found it very disturbing!

1:00 AM  
Blogger alice said...

Seeing this "thing", my first reaction has been: "Beurk!"Like Jenny, i was happy to know what it is...
I have been in my garden too, but with a lot of work to do: to prune apple tree and others plants like rose bushes, to collect dead leaves, to clean all my birds houses thinking to next spring...and to look all these things done. Ouf!

2:38 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I like that. I'd watch them swell up and I'd share the fun with kids too, if they wanted to investigate the possbilities with me.

Happy Day, Edwin.

3:11 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

I had a great day guys despite the rain that came immediately after I posted the shot.

Hope you did too (a great day, that is!)

1:00 PM  
Blogger Lavender Lady said...

My grandson would sooo love this!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have two plastic lizards hanging around the house. and i leave them beside the food when i have visitors. i love to see the expressions on their faces! hahaha...

12:56 AM  
Anonymous John - Melbourne said...

I do have a mad scientist as a child! I want one!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous jazzy said...

how cool, i want one too =)

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home