November 14, 2006

Petaling Street pt.8


Petaling Street/Chinatown is more than the cheap shopping. Walking around the greater area shows you many interesting things. There's a wet market, temples, little antique shops, even a dentures shop (I'll post that tomorrow.)

Here's one of the 2 guardian statues at the entrance of a Chinese temple. I took a picture of this one instead of the other because he looked invitingly at me. And because of him, I entered the temple. The scent of insense welcomed me as I looked up and saw them hanging from the ceiling. Sat on a bench for a couple of minutes. Got up, walked out and continued my frolics down the street.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful statue. So colorful! Not at all like the drab gray and bronze statues one sees here.

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its really very beautiful and colorful statue.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

Of COURSE I miss ya EDDIE!!! Glad you could tell! And I was almost AFRAID to venture into the realm of "them hanging" but am pleasantly and aromaly surprised! Rich "jewel" tones in this shot...really! Love it! ;-)

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many fantastic visual beauties in just one street. Well done Edwin.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Guardian figures are usually very imposing, as is this one. Not as fierce as some tho. Great colours.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cette sculpture est sublime. vraiment l'art asiatique est vraiment magnifique, cela me fait penser aux oeuvres de Park Chan-Soo.


this sculpture is sublime. really Asian art is really splendid, that makes me think of works Park Chan-Soo.

12:37 PM  
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

This sure gets your attention!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like it would be a very complex scent environment, that market...

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see why you stopped for a moment, such a commanding presence. Gorgeous photo.

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that how you will look in your latest play? :-p

8:32 AM  
Blogger GiuCe said...

a great serie of pics... this statue is a piece of art and history.

:)

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home