January 17, 2007

KL Sentral 2


Before any perfectionists make a comment about it, I'll explain why this shot isn't centered properly. I took the shot away from my face. I bent over, placed the camera on my foot for balance, felt the angle and pressed the button. I didn't fix it in post-production because I liked the slight off-centeredness. I'm also very happy to give HSBC some free advertising. Why? My company has been selected to be part of the HSBC In The Arts 2007 sponsorship program. One of the few companies that believe strongly in their Corporate Social responsibilities. Thank you.

Still in the station tomorrow. Come back to get your tickets.

5 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I for one like the assymetrical viewpoint. Sounds like you were quite the contortionist to capture this shot...and yet nobody seems to be paying much attention!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Yesterday's shot looked almost like an airport - this one looks like more like a station to me.

Congratulations on your sponsorship. And re. your comment to my request, something about your people shots are magical, so I look forward to them. Remember the fella (watch seller?) that wanted to look dashing? Only you could have shot that. I'm cracking up just remembering.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Olivier said...

j'aime bien ta prise de vue et la composition de ta photo.


I like your catch of sight and the composition of your photograph.

12:45 AM  
Blogger get zapped said...

I like the angle, personally. Very interesting and congrats on being selected!

1:30 AM  
Blogger mamasan said...

Edwin, I've been through your Flickr sets and you really have a great eye, as well as something else - an emotional connection comes through with your portraits. Have you considered work doing portraits? You're also in an industry where you could do portraits for performers' portfolios or capturing behind-the-scenes stuff for exhibits or publications for films, plays, works in progress... but i suppose it's a matter of demand!

Just pick a few and send them to photo competitions all over the world, dude!

Lovey Lovey Lovey, C

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home