February 1, 2007

a lovely day for love


I'm back! I'm sure you won't mind my posting this shot from the wedding in Sydney. The sun, the surf, the food, the love between two people and for the first time in years, the tears of joy when you see a friend marry for all the right reasons. This trip had so many wonderful moments. I have to thank Pod for the views and Nathalie for a great end to a fabulous holiday. I didn't meet Sally because I was distracted by a piercing sun and crashing cool waters of Manly beach.

I liked Sydney a lot but I was ready to give up on it. However, meeting two complete strangers changed all that. Pod showed me the beauty of the ocean and Nathalie showed me the beauty of the heart. Even Sally's text messages played a part. I also got to know my friends a little better. It's funny how after 20 years of friendship, we still discover things about each other. Candice, some things are better left unsaid but I'll say it anyway...innit?

Cheng and Khanh, may love, patience and understanding never leave you.

Like the Adidas t-shirt I saw that read, "I Love Sydney."

I have nicknamed the city Syndey.

12 Comments:

Blogger Olivier said...

te voila de retour, d'apres le post de nathalie, tout c'est bien passé.
belle photo et bonne idee pour ton post.

return veiled you, according to the post of Nathalie, all it passed well. beautiful photograph and good idea for your post.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

welcome back! reading it, you truly enjoyed your Syndey adventure.

the gown looks beautiful. i like that tie too :-)

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo. So glad the wedding went well. The bouquet is gorgeous. What a wonderful color!

3:36 AM  
Blogger photowannabe said...

Welcome back. it sounds like a wonderful time was had by all. This picture is lovely.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Carol E. said...

What a lovely picture! Clever way to show the beauty of a wedding without revealing their identity.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

Oh, that's lovely. I am so glad you had a wonderful time. Being seduced by the surf is a quintessential experience as well!

Do you cry at weddings?

9:12 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

The gown was designed by Steven Khalil and yes, i cried at this wedding. I usually don't but this one made me weep from the pure happiness the couple exuded.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Beautiful photo. I love weddings myself.

BTW, what is he eating a moonpie??

10:55 AM  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

why, not what...as in, why is he eating a moonpie.

10:58 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

It looks like a Moonpie, doesn't it? It's a Pat & Stick Homemade Ice-Cream biscuit.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Rafleesia said...

I'm glad you caught her beautiful flowers...just lurve that dress!

Are some things better left unsaid?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

EDDIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BOY! I'm BACK...so are YOU! SORRRRRRRRRRRRRY I've been so scarce...OK, what IS with the ice cream sandwich?!? Cantik shot BTW!!!! ;) OH! How was OZ?!?!? Have to go read UP! =)

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home