March 8, 2008

the day begins


Today, 10.92 million registered voters will cast their ballot in the 12th Malaysian General Election. The one word that both sides are shouting is 'Change' and we, the citizens, agree. However, the more discerning voter has the ominous task of keeping the ruling party in power or vote the opposition. Like most elections around the world, cracks in the system are exposed and many want us to believe that those in power are letting slip their responsibilities to the nation. We have a Prime Minister and ruling party, Barisan National, that is weak and corrupt, so they say. How is it different on the other side of the fence?

I marked my X earlier today. I'm not a staunch BN supporter neither am I in favour of the opposition. It was tough making my decision. But for the future of my country, I cast my vote. The least I hope, I see some change for the coming generation.

Today, Kuala Lumpur Daily Photo celebrates 2 years of exploring, laughing and meeting new friends. Nathalie, Keropok, Ming, Zannnie, Pod, Raymond (and you too Sally!). You guys have made this online community real and human for me. Thank you. Let's share many more coffees and slices of cake. To Lisi, Lynn, Glenn, Kate, Strangetastes, Kris, thanks for the pictures and postcards. To every one of you, thank you for your visits.

It looks like KLDP will be going into another fab year.

Have a great weekend everyone.

14 Comments:

Blogger George Townboy said...

This is a great post! Congratualtions on your two year mark.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jilly said...

Oh well done, dear Edwin. Two years is fabulous. Your blog is always fascinating, your photos great and you and your lovely personality shine through.

Congratulations!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Happy, happy anniversary Edwin. We're all here with party hats, balloons and fireworks ready to celebrate you and KLDP! All the best to you in the year ahead!
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

4:07 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Okay, the band just showed up, they didn't fit in the Smart Car that brought us all over here for the party. . .you can set up over there, boys. Edwin, click here for their performance:

http://www.deezer.com/track/46340

-Kim

4:25 PM  
Blogger  gmirage said...

congratlations on your 2nd year at cdp! More in the years to come!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Ah, Edwind. How time flies! During your recent brief respite I was afraid that we had lost you, but you have returned, stronger than ever. I'm looking forward to more photos and interesting commentary from you for a long time in the future! Your post today reminds me a good deal of the dilemma present in our current political process. It is maddening, confusing at time, but always interesting! May your candidate be victorious!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Sorry re. the typo on your name, Edwin!!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Michael Salone said...

Happy birthday! I also saw about the elections so had to stop by. And...just to let you know that I now "OWN YOU" in Facebook!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Chuck Pefley said...

Edwin, my congratulations to you. From my vantage point of only 61 daily posts your 700+ seems like a huge mountain to be climbed ... and there you are on the summit! I am enjoying your posts very much and look forward to what our next year brings!
-Chuck

12:20 AM  
Blogger marley said...

Many congratulations on 2 years of photo blogging. Long may it continue!

Glad you cast your vote, now you've got to wait for the results...

5:42 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Thanks for celebrating with me. I tell you, these two years have been amazing.

Onwards to year 3. Now I know how Eric feels.

ps. Kate, you took the winD from my name. I don't mind a bit of breeze now and then :)

6:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Selamat Ulang Tahun! It's already 2 years? That's fast!

Change is in the air...

11:38 PM  
Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

Two years, Edwin!!!

I remember the first anniversary so vividly. Remember the cake from Paddington?

5:34 AM  
Blogger Marius Muscalu said...

those faces are funny :)

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home