It's Sunday and I thought I'd post something fun. Can you spot the Edwin?
I think it's fantastic that I've recently struck up some new friendships with people I've only ever seen via DP photos and a tiny little profile picture. You know I 'see' more of you guys than I do my 'real' friends? It's funny how the world works. As a race, we're conquering a lot of space, even going upwards to accommodate the population growth. Colonials of a different era, driven by cheap, accessible technology. We've taken over virtual space too. Dot Com bust? Today tells a story of how dependent we have become to the word 'Enter.'
DP has given us this entrance into each other's worlds and for that, I thank everyone for giving me over 100 scenic escapes. But having said that, I'd like to say goodbye to Akita DP. Midnitebara has decided to move on. We can still visit her, just not on a daily basis. Go over and say hi.
The pressures of posting daily gets to the best of us. Here's a quote I found that expresses how I sometimes feel about it.
"Photography is 90% sheer, brutal drudgery. The other 10% is inspiration."
-Brett Weston, brother of Edward (1911-1993)
90% eh? I'm hanging on to the 10% as if my life depended on it!