October 16, 2006

backstage farewell


Butterfly Lovers: The Musical is now over. Emotionally and physically drained. The show closed to rapturous applause and tears fell as we took our final bow. Thank you to the audience, to the Gods of Theatre for blessing our journey, to you DP readers who have followed my journey. My biggest thanks goes to my fellow cast and crew members. I wouldn't have cried on stage if you were a bunch of idiots. However I did and I will miss the nonsense we got up to for 5 weeks backstage. Like the story, the love is eternal. The magic of theatre I am glad to have shared with all of you.

If you'd like to see more of the photos I've taken, have a gander at my Flickr page in a couple of days. I'll post them there.

The sun sets on another wonderful day.

KLDP returns to regular programming tomorrow

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice words Edwin!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Superbes photos de scenes. et puis profitons en bien, c'est donc la derniere de la serie...
Bravo c'etait vraiment une serie magnifique

7:30 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

It'll surely take you a while to touch down again after such a long intense time, with such results and so much empathy. I just started wondering if you had thought of some kind of follow-up to permanize it, but then I read of your great idea to make a CD.
What's next? Is there a ball in front of you to take a new kick at? Cos that's what you have to do, you know.

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D
wonderful!!i am the "sunset craze" !
great shot!!
...Jing

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for making time to share such a marvelous experience through the lens. Breathtaking work!!!!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am sure you are in extreme high now. keep it going, we await your next series...

11:26 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Thank you so much for bringing us with you through this journey. Not only did we get an excellent story to follow, but your photos were superb. Regarding your footnote:

KLDP returns to regular programming tomorrow

I didn't notice! This is what a DP allows us to see...a photo a day of new sights and places. Congrats on such a wonderful series!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

So what's the next gig, Eddie? When can we see more theatre (and backstage!)?

2:21 PM  
Blogger Ben Nakagawa said...

Thank you for shareing those serise of shots with us.
It was very good and I already miss the show (well, backstage footage).

3:26 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Thank you so much everyone! I was afraid no one would like the series. Throughout the show, I had no chance to take pictures of life in KL being cooped up in the theatre from day to night.

It has been an amazing journey for my creative soul and the moment I get into the next show, you know I'll share those moments with you.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home