November 2, 2006

bright and shiny


No celebration is complete without some kind of fireworks, and in Malaysia big pow-wow-boom firecrackers are banned so we make do with sparklers. Like this one here. A killjoy for those craving big explosions. A joy for children ages 2 to 92. Like me and my friends' kids the other night. They were so happy! I kept running away from them though I was laughing at their happiness. I kept asking for them to look at me when I was taking pictures but instead they ran towards me jabbing these sparklers at my face. I was giggly as hell I tell you.

And we wonder where we developed our love for all things shiny and sparkly. You'll see tomorrow.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

une bonne soirée, avec un des petards pour feter ce moment de joie.


a good evening, with one of the detonators to celebrate this moment of joy.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

i love the smell of sparklers. and you can't beat a good giggle!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Bunyamin Najmi said...

Bagus banget kembang api nya...

Edwin, what you call firework in Malaysia?

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's great to hang arround with you Edwin, silly, silly...

7:14 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Good photo--you're the best!!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

Looks like one of those flower pictures but on fire. It has been funny to read about pow wow stuff and tiny gadgets for all ages. It seems that you all kids had a great time in the end.-)

3:32 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Bunyamin, we call them mercun api.

yeah, I love playing with fireworks.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home