December 26, 2006

cross over


What does this picture bring to your mind? For me, it's the image of St.Christopher carrying baby Jesus across the river. Funny that a Muslim boy like me can have this image in my head. Must be the festive season and being brought up with Roman Catholics for relatives.

It's the day after Christmas. Most of us call it Boxing Day. In England, it was the day when lords used to give their servants gifts and also the day when these rich lords go hunting. In Europe, it's St.Stephen's Day. Here in my house in Kuala Lumpur, it's St.Lose De Phatt day. So much eaten these past 2 days. I've had enough turkey to start a farm. And I'm constantly craving Fruit Cake!

5 days more to 2007. Can you believe this year is over? It's gone by so much faster than last year. I've also noticed how much faster the years pass when you're older. Or is this just me?

Well, whatever it is, it's time to make the move and cross over to more new experiences.

ps. James Brown, the Godfather of Soul, passed away early Christmas morning. Rest in peace. You are a true legend.

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's St Luse KehLor Rie in Singapore. :-p Everyone's back to work, except for those who manage to apply their leave till next year.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Olivier said...

belle photo et belle idee, bravo

beautiful photograph and beautiful idea, cheer

3:09 PM  
Blogger StarByte said...

I love the black and white with the subtle color shading on the people. Everything except them, except their love and dependence, is fake. Only they are real.

Nice shot.

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very symbolic and interesting post. Actually when I saw the photo I thought of flooding not baby Jesus. The symbolism I like is the crossing over to a new year. And yes as I grow older the year to fly past.

Lots of luck with your "St. Lose De Phatt day". Maybe a long walk looking for photo opportunities is in order.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Lisi said...

very nice photo and commentary Leobrota! About year passing faster when one is older...YES, it's just YOU! Don't count me in...LOL! But it's true that 2006 has gone by pretty quickly, I feel it has something to do with blogging a photo everyday :-)

2:21 AM  
Blogger Jazzy said...

happy holidays Edwin and all the best in the New 2007.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Your "special day" made me laugh.

The photo reminded me of sailing toy boats in a park in Paris with my grandson.

12:51 PM  
Blogger selana18 said...

Edwin,
Nice capture!

I really like your shots.
Many wishes for a happy new year.

8:36 PM  
Blogger tr3nta said...

wishes of happy new year from Madrid...
___________________________________
http://tr3nta.blogspot.com
http://madridailyphoto.blogspot.com

9:07 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Lovely picture. Very sad about JB.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

Surely this one was among your 50 faves this year although i can remember many more.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home