February 3, 2007

big cats can dance


You know Chinese New Year is close when the lion dancing troupes turn up at shopping malls. I saw these lion heads when I went out to pick up my laptop. It's believed that inviting a dancing lion into your store/office/house scares away bad chi and encourages prosperity to come in. A couple of blokes put on the lion and jump about on stilts and stuff while accompanied by the sound of drums. I wanted to catch them in action. However, after waiting for ten minutes, I buggered off cos nothing happened. The heads remained on the ground and the blokes just stood around. As blokes usually do.

ps. the first batch of 18 photos from my trip have been uploaded to Flickr. go on then.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

Edwin....'blokes', 'buggering off' - I think you have been in Australia honing your speech habilts!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Olivier said...

ces masques sont magnifiques. superbe photo


these masks are splendid. superb photograph

12:16 AM  
Blogger Matthieu said...

I even did not understand the words "bloke" and "bugger" and you made me open my dictionnary :)

Concerning the shot, I thought at first sight it concerned a kid's slippers. Happy new year though !

1:06 AM  
Blogger photowannabe said...

Very elegant masks for the celebration. Nice composition.

2:19 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Ah Yeah Sally, you reckon? :)

Thank Olivier.

Matthieu, you made me look again and now I see the slippers too :)

Thanks Wannabe. I'll find more. They come in a variety of colours.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home