March 3, 2007

sole survivor


Here's another man hard at work: a roadside shoe repair man. An instituition but fading away. With the growth of Mr.Fixit type shoe repair shops, these men are far and few between. But every now and then you'll find them. This man I found sitting under a makeshift hut behind the parking lot of an office building. And given the choice, I'd go to them. They actually do a better job of repairing shoes.

I'm counting down to KLDP's 1 year anniversary. 5 days to go! Have a great weekend.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Edwin,
I'm really enjoying your continuing Men at Work series!

Wow, only 5 sleeps to the big day! I'll have to think of something!
Only 3 sleeps to my birthday so looks like there's going to be celebrations everywhere this week.

In the meantime the partying has begun in Sydney already. It'll be hot, hot hot tonight.

Come and have a look!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I love the way you photographed this man because both his feet and hands are clearly outlined! I have been struck by these many blogs who capture men working with their hands. The unsung heroes of the 21st century!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Jing said...

:))
i love this close portrait!

have the nice weekend.
jing

10:22 PM  
Blogger photowannabe said...

Love your title for this shot. I admire people that make their living doing a craft such as this.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember, they provide temp shoes for you to wear too!

They are dying but still available in Singapore too!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I do like your people shots... The Birthday one.... And remember the guy that was selling watches - the "suave" one?

6:40 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

You still remember that one? Hehehehehehehehee :)

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home