December 18, 2007

Red Alert


You know, I love the colour red and have come to realize that Christmas wouldn't be complete without it. Red presents, red baubles and beads on the tree, everything red. Strong and vibrant. Like this window display with it's gift ideas. I saw it and snapped a shot. Completely attracted and drawn in.

And what a year 2007 has been. We're just days away to saying goodbye. So much good and yet the bad headlines the papers. Personally, I've achieved enough to keep me going another few years. Socially, I want to somehow bring some peace to our shaken nation. Lack of trust, a failing judiciary and racial unrest ever more prominent in our lives. Every small movement sends a red alert to the authorities and the shields, tear-gas and acid-filled water cannons appear in the middle of the city. Innocent are harmed.

I stand back and wish for love. Red is a beautiful colour. Let's not abuse it and waste it on warning signals.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's from Tangs! That old man picture is distinctly Tangs.

I dun mind receiving a RED packet during Christmas too. :-p

6:03 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Hear, hear. Peaceful wishes, right back atcha! (Are those red slippers in the middle shelf? Lovely.....)

6:28 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Yup Philpok, it's Tangs KL at Pavilion, our new mall in Bkt.Bintang. I guess S'pore and KL have the same window display artist. How original!

Hello Meg!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

Oh Edwin, what a beautiful post.
Perfect composition in red for the photo, sad yet hopeful message for the text.

Glad this year was a good one for you. But there's so much we hope for the rest of the world.

(interesting that Keropok recognised the window display immediately - globalization in the making?

7:58 PM  
Blogger AntiguaDailyPhoto.Com said...

Edwin, your photo is awesome, but your caption is impeccable. Boy when I grow up I want to be like you. :-)

I second Keropok, I would not mind receiving a red-wrapped package in the mail, or even a simple red post card.

http://antiguadailyphoto.com/2007/09/26/postscript/

3:31 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

EDDIE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABEEEEEEEEEE!

Long time no VISIT! WAAAAAAH!

Thanks for prodding me to come here and say a long-overdue HI!!! ;)

And YEP! BAIK SEKALI!!! ;)))

New lease on life...new person in my life...life is good!

Awesome sentiments here...wish everyone had these same thoughts, maybe we could actually say "Peace on Earth!"

Sigh~~~~~~~~~what a concept huh?

Behave yourself and I'll be back to bug ya as soon as I can!

HUGS!
=)

8:13 AM  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Welcome back to the regular posting world. Looking forward to amazing photos from you.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Denton said...

Your's is an eye catching photo and a thoughtful post. Hear's wishing for love.

1:44 AM  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Hi Ed, apa kabar?
Happy Ied Adha ya.

4:20 AM  
Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

Edwin, so glad we are able to catch up with each other. It's wonderful to have you around again. I hope you are well, in every possible sense of the term.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello there Edwin, just catching up on blogs and finally making it around here. I am thoroughly enjoying your photos as I did in the past and your posts as well. Red is beautiful as depicted here by you. I wish you much happiness and peace. Merry Christmas!

10:40 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Hello Buddies!

So good to hear from all of you. You've made my day.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home