October 11, 2007

Dark Drama


I just couldn't leave the cemetary shot on KLDP till the next theme day. Simply too creepy for anyone to have to keep looking at it whenever they came over to check for any surprise updates from me.

So here's a shot I took when I helped a friend do a children's Wayang Kulit show last week. Wayang Kulit (Shadow Puppetry) is slowly making a return to the consciousness of the general public. And with this show, my friend Chris made it assessable to the young ones. Hopefully, from the show, they become more interested and curious about this art form.

11 Comments:

Blogger maria elisa said...

hello.

:)

5:01 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Yeah, thanks. Beautiful stuff - your shadow puppets are so delicate.

4:28 AM  
Blogger HT, with T for Teh said...

Hey Edwin! Hansel here- from "Homesick"; Singapore Theatre Festival - found your blog by chance!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's nice. Children should really be encouraged to appreciate culture and literature.

joy
Norwich Daily Photo

1:32 AM  
Blogger TORUŃ DAILY PHOTO said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:17 AM  
Blogger TORUŃ DAILY PHOTO said...

Hi Edwin! Just to let you know that I have tagged you over at Toruń Daily Photo. Pop on over and follow the instructions!

3:18 AM  
Blogger Jazzy said...

hiiii edwin, great to see what you're up to now, miss your daily posts, very much.

Hey, surprise! I've tagged you and now you're it! Please visit my Wednesday post to see what to do.
Jazzy x

7:27 AM  
Blogger Olive said...

wow i love that figurine. very beautiful.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Suzanne McDermott said...

Hello Edwin!

Great to see your theater shots again! I enjoyed your photos and postings so much while I was making Nashville Daily Photo that I wanted to come by and invite you to my new blogs. Come on over when you have some time. I'm keeping you listed on my Nashville Daily Photo site.

Keep up the great work and I hope that The Breath of Life is going beautifully!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

So do they still use human skin to make the puppets? Just kidding!!

It's a dying art so am glad to see you guys resurrecting for the public.

So what's up? What's new?

6:05 AM  
Blogger Ratzfatz said...

great foto ...! Love it!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home