January 16, 2008

winged surprise


I did laundry and hung it out to dry. A beautiful sunny day. Blazing to say the least. Before it had a chance to dry, the sky suddenly turned gray and I felt a storm brewing. I went out to bring the laundry in. As I was about to pull on a towel, I saw this moth. Heavy raindrops began to fall but I risked it all, ran inside to grab my camera, took a shot, grabbed everything on the clothesline and ran back into my house as the rain fell behind me in all its glory.

It's been a year since my last bug picture. A fellow DP member loved the last one, so I dedicate this one to her. For you Nathalie.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

It's hard to duplicate nature's patterns. Very nice!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Wow! You did so well. I've never seen a moth with these markings. How lovely that you were able to capture it in picture!

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, Pat's Photo-a-Day

3:03 PM  
Blogger Rarebeet said...

its nice to be able to see the actual colours on the moth. I'm usually too busy running away!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

Edwin thanks for the dedication, I am delighted. It's so good to have you back! But really you should be careful who you take home with you. This little guy is an ennemy, just look at his battledress!

Thank goodness he's also very dumb and didn't realise that camouflage doesn't work on white!

But I'm sure the real point of this post was to show us what a beautifully house-trained boy you are. Does his own laudry, etc. Next post will be about your ironing skills I hope. You kind of cut it short in your post 2 days ago when we left you wondering what you would cook for dinner but we got the point: this guy actually COOKS DINNER!!! - please don't disappoint us by saying you finally ordered a home-delivered pizza!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is this moth a govt servant, wearing the mandatory Thursday uniform? hehe...

it looks like a very nice batik pattern!

12:25 AM  
Blogger J.C. said...

I don't know what strucked me...but the patterns on the moth makes me think of Darth Vader draped in a new cloak! Instead of all black...he is in a new camouflage costume!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Stefan Jansson said...

Very cool camouflage moth.

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home