March 9, 2008

going nuts


I don't know what these hairy nuts are but the shot is perfect for our day-after election reactions. The opposition won in 5 states. That's totally unprecedented. Several well-known Ministers have lost their seats. Some deserved to lose. One in particular shouldn't have. The incumbent ruling party, Barisan National, won with a simple majority and will now form the new cabinet of ministers with a very strong opposition on it's back. Our Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Abdullah Badawi, just barely scraped through in his constituency.

A dear friend, R.Sivarasa, one of our nation's fiercest human rights lawyers, running with the opposition, won the seat in his constituency and will now take his place in Parliament. Congratulations Siva and Anne, his wife, my fellow actor.

Change is coming. And the ruling party is going nuts. What a Sunday!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kris McCracken said...

That is a wonderful picture. I thought that it was a herd of baby guinea pigs upon first glance and had to look again!

I hope that everything turns out parliament-wise for Malaysia, it's a country that has an awful lot going for it.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Jazzy said...

hope the change will bring you better life.
what an unusual photo and nuts as well, i've never seen it and am very curious what are they?

6:36 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Yes, I, too, hope with all my heart that the changes will be beneficial. Human rights is SO important and too often neglected so I hope that your new man will be forceful and successful. Cool photo, Edwin!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

looks like the BN will be pulling their hair out! but not from these nuts. :-)


my friends in Penang are all so happy!

11:32 PM  
Blogger George Townboy said...

Love this photo, Edwin. I'm off to Google to see what they are.

Nuts describes our election process right now too!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Change can be very exciting and so I hope it will bring great things to your country, Edwin. BTW, I LOVE the nuts. I have never seen these types before and am intrigued by them. The colors are very cool.

2:32 AM  
Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

Change is coming. For the better I hope... You must be going through exciting times.

Congratulations to R.Sivarasa, and please keep us posted on the progress.

Now for the nuts. What are they? You must go back and find out what their names are, how to eat them, what they taste like... I want to know the taste of change!!!

5:32 AM  
Blogger marley said...

You are nuts! Great photo to illustrate your thoughts! Glad that change is on the horizon and interesting times lie ahead :)

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home