June 24, 2006

bird on a hot tin roof


What a long day! Did a workshop reading for a new play, came home to rest, post today's picture, grab a quick bite and off to a TV show shoot in about an hour. What fun!

I know the fierce cock was a couple of days ago but I couldn't help posting another feathered friend. The gloomy sky provided the most excellent backdrop. This bird was sitting on the tip of my roof. Most birds fly away at the sound of my coming footsteps. This one stayed as if knowing I was a stalking photographer.

Is it me or the birds I take pictures of tend to be on the fierce-looking side?

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisi said...

nice shot Edwin and nice title of a new play ;-) what's with the sky, is it cloudy and white or is it photoshop?

11:31 PM  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

The sky was gray so after I used PS to give the bird a bit of detail and contrast, the sky turned white. It's one of those 'accidents' that turned out really well. The bird didn't look as striking in the original.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

hey, good portrait! though s/he could've comb first :D

2:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

He he ... funny comment kris :)

3:11 AM  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

good one kris!

hmm, I never thought about it that way louz. ;)

3:59 PM  
Blogger Manuel Tendero Gil said...

estupenda foto

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home