September 12, 2006

elevated comfort


Madness. Pure madness! I'm running inbetween 2 rehearsals and a launch today. When it rains, it pours. All of a sudden the projects come and they come at the same time. I'm now at home taking a quick half hour breather before running out again. Of course, the one thing that helps to alleviate the stress is posting KLDP.

Seeing that all my time is spent working, I can only takes pictures of rehearsals or when I'm stuck in traffic (and nobody likes traffic, so I won't post any car bumpers.) The show I'm in now is a Chinese Opera/Musical. I'm just the fool who narrates the story in English for the benefit of audience who aren't completely fluent in Mandarin.

These are the shoes that all of us have to wear. Like I'm not tall enough as it is. Made of pure foam rubber and PVC. The cast member who this pair belongs to noticed I was clicking and actually posed his feet for me. How sweet of him! Oops, time to go!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great shoes - guess they're very comfortable.

i usually don't ware heals - not because i'm pretty tall just because it's a hard work.

these platform shoes could be a new trend =)

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope, you will get "your sunset" for recharge your batteries:)after busy day!

4:38 PM  
Blogger selana18 said...

Cool shot !
I believe that all the cast members will give you an inspiration to take many many photos..so dont worry.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Ben Nakagawa said...

More rehearsal shots! How wonderful.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Ineke said...

Haha.
Great shot but i totally miss the purpose of wearing them.
not to mess the floor?
But why such high ones then?

7:58 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Great pose;cool shoes!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Carrie Nichols said...

Wow! I would be afraid of falling off my shoes if I had to wear those! LOL!

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can people actually walk wearing them?

11:30 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I could use a pair like that! I love Chinese Operas - I go wherever I can find a production! Look forward to more rehearsal photos.

5:07 AM  
Blogger indieperfumes said...

Sounds like your life is exciting and fun, so even if you are too busy, enjoy...

5:10 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Lovely photo! You can keep the shoes, but I want info on those SOCKS. Very nice. Remember to breathe, Edwin. :-)
-Kim

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. just want to say I watched second link (in Singapore) and it was great! i remember you from the instant cafe productions. what's happened to them? it's a little harder to keep track in singapore. but if there are any IC shows coming up in Nov/Dec, pls keep us posted through your site. Would really like to catch them again if possible.

Thanks

9:13 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

I know. These shoes look either extremely fun or extremely hazardous to your health! ;)

Mine should be ready by the end of the week.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to post anymore pictures from this rehearsal. The producer shot out an email saying no-one is allowed to taking pictures during rehearsal. Such a pity!

Thanks for popping in everyone.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

edwin - LOVE this pic (as usual) and your usual good humour!

1:16 PM  
Blogger wmw said...

Guess the shoes give you an added lift when you jump on stage? ha ha ha...Cute pic!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home