September 24, 2006

inner strength


Gray storm clouds threaten us on a near daily basis. According to the weather forecasts, the monsoon season is here. Funny seeing that the Ramadhan month begins today and it's usually a very hot month. Yet another contradiction we have to deal with. Add to that the drama of the world.

A couple of years ago, I got a tattoo on my upper back. A full blossomed red lotus surrounded by storm clouds. The clouds represent the crap that happens with and around me. The lotus is for the people in my life who love me and whom I love and also for the spirit the dwells within me. The tattoo was done to remind me that no matter how bad life can get, I'll always have my friends and family to help get me through the day. This picture reminded me of that.

No one is truly alone.

15 Comments:

Blogger Curly said...

Stunning Edwin, simply stunning!

Curly's Photoshop

3:09 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

So one day, will you show us a photo of your tattoo so that we can all be inspired by it's meaning? A truly wonderful photo, but your caption makes it even more beautiful.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo and the story to go with it!

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful.

5:33 PM  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Indah sekali.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely - the photo and the words.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Lisi said...

lovely watercolor effect of the background :-)

10:59 PM  
Blogger Juggerpix said...

Absolutely fabulous. Again, I'm taken aback on how you fill the frame.

Great thoughts. I sometimes want a tattoo, and sometimes don't. Perhaps I just need a good thought like yours to express on my skin.

2:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Edwin! Another vote here to let us have a peek at that tatoo :)

8:21 AM  
Blogger geWi said...

awesome photo!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

Tattoo vote #3! And awwwwwwwwwwwww, love the sentiment Edwin...and don't forget to include us all here at DP as family too K? I think I'll be deciding between a teeny-tiny tat or a belly-button pierce for my big BD coming up! Help me out...which one should I do?!?!?!? ;-)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ame said...

Oooooooooops, got carried away...so this is a lotus blossom right? Just wanted to make sure! Great macro! WOOOOO! :-)

12:55 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Thanks everyone! I'll post a picture of my back soon.

Ame, I think you should pierce your belly-button. There's so much funky jewellery to choose from!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Great evocation. A tattoo has to come out an intense thinking. That mix of words and picture is PERFECT !

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home