September 14, 2006

all good things


Good luck and prosperity charms. Every culture has at least one. And we never can have enough, can we? We adopt those from other cultures and countries as well. Here is one adopted from it's native land of kimchi and flat-metal chopsticks, Korea. Or is it Japan? Oh dear, I'm losing count of the hundreds that grace the doors and counters of shops. The Lucky Cat that waves charmingly inviting you to bring your money to it.

Well, today is going to be a test of my stamina and alertness. I end rehearsals at 11pm. After which I have to drive up north to the island of Penang to emcee the opening of DHL's Gateway service. That's at 9 am. Once that is done, I have to drive back down to KL, about 4 hours, to get to a 4pm soundcheck for a 9pm corporate show. Somewhere in all that, I'll probably take a catnap for about 3 hours.

I don't mind the drive back but it's the drive up. Late night,dark and my eyesight will be whack. Will need a lucky charm. I wonder which one I'll bring with me? Do you have any lucky charms?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had this as a gift..i didnt pack it with me. why didnt I?

why not fly air asia? Have a safe journey! Have nescafé!

3:52 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

We tried getting flights but the earliest I could arrive in Penang is 8:30 am. That's cutting it too close to the 9am start. Then there aren't any flights that can get me back in KL by 4pm. It was actually my suggestion to drive. I could've said no to DHL but they're good clients to work with. So, like that lor.

You want another kitty-kat? I'll send you one lor. :)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Lisi said...

Ed, I was gonna ask the same question, and you have answered that already. Long drive really, I did take Air Asia from KL to Penang last October, not bad at all but like you said the schedule has to match as well...Drive safely and take care Leo brother.

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

take care on your journey.

lucky charms hmmm - no i don't have any, oh yes i have a little pendant of the turquoise scarab sitting on my windowsill - hidden, that i found in front of my building.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edwin, as long as you dun drink Tiger before you drive, you should be quite all right.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Kathrine said...

This is yet another great shot from you, Edwin.
Funny enough these cats have found their way to Copenhagen as well. Last weekend I saw on in a shopwindow at Nørrebro - and a friend of mine got one for his birthday last year. That's globalisation for you ;-)
Take care with your busy days!
/Kathrine

3:42 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

We call those the 'inviting cats' in Japan, but I had thought, as with everything else, the origins were in China.

3:47 AM  
Blogger Sadia said...

aw, adorable photo. who could resist putting money in that pearlized kitty.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey yah! Take care on your trip to Penang!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Juggerpix said...

He he he... see, you are a cat person!

I usually loose my lucky charms, thus making me question their "luckiness".

Be careful driving Edwin!

10:14 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Home safe guys but I think I was clicked by the speed trap camera thingy...twice!

Lucky charm???

12:06 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

Yep...on my key chain...it's a little bronzy metal daisy flower...taken from the keychain of my "first true love," who was murdered down in Arizona back in 2001...his sister gave it to me...it really does bring me good luck! RIP Ross...and anyone who uses the words "I have to MC" something is famous! You're famous Edwin! (=

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home