October 29, 2006

fairground pt.4


Hello! I apologize for being AWOL. Right after I posted on Thursday, I drove down to Singapore to watch a new play and hang out with friends. I brought my laptop with me hoping to do KLDP stuff. However, the whiskey and good times got to me. I just got home not more than an hour ago. So here I am!

Thanks for all the great comments on the ferris wheel. For that shot, I used a shutter speed of 1/20 and f/4.5. I tracked the wagon from the top and followed it down till it reached eye-level before I clicked. The same thing I did with the carousel shot. I would've been able to get a more precise shot if I brought my 50mm lens with me. Discovering the joys of lower f-stop!

Can anyone guess what today's shot is of? Everyone who guesses right gets a postcard from KL. I'll post again at midnight just to make up for lost time. Till then. Hope everyone is having/had a good weekend.

11 Comments:

Blogger midnitebara said...

hmmmm, what could that be?? I see human on a horse like shadow so my guess is carousel.

sleep tight!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

My guess also is of a carousel for the same reason.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, I could see horse shadows too.

Great shot btw.

10:40 PM  
Blogger selana18 said...

Hi ED!
I believe that is a carousel too apart from the shadows of horses I see a horse on the top -as a lebel or something like this...
Tell us that we all the winners...please?(lol)
I am really glad that you had a great whisky time.My weekend was full of activities...

11:21 PM  
Blogger Lisi said...

LeoBrother, that's the carousel, no cheating, I have the same answer before I saw the others'...you would need a lot of postcards, lol

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

superbe serie, j'aime beaucoup ta façon de photographier. encore


superb series, I like much your way of photographing. still

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

an extremely fast merry go round?!!

11:26 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Not that tough, was it? :)

Yay! All of you get a postcard! You can either leave your addresses here or send it to the DP email.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

:0( i missed out on the postcard...oh well. like the way the lights cut into the person standing there

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too late for postcard :p

"shutter speed of 1/20 and f/4.5. " - right, i'll jot it down and stuff into my cam. bag . Thanks, Ed!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

Came in too late on this E of E, but besides what it actually is, it's a really great composition. The F/4 at 1/20th - amazing. Tripod, surely, at 1/20? If not, then you've got a real ice-cool trigger finger, Tiger:)Before whiskey time, right?

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home