October 18, 2006

only for you


Keranamu Malaysia, our new national 'tagline' and it just rolls off our tongues. Keranamu means Because of You. Some see it as a wonderfully patriotic sentiment: Because of you Malaysia, I strive to be the best. However, the cynicism in some have taken this slogan to a whole different level: Because of you Malaysia, our currency cannot really compete in the world market. Because of you Malaysia, blah blah blah.

But I call this country home despite all her shortcomings. Just because.

All it takes is a sign.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many years they use Keranamu Malaysia already?

The Keranumu jingle is irritating, but whenever I channel surf in Singapore, (yeah we get RTM here), I will listen till the song finish! haha...

9:31 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Was is just a catchy phrase some ad company came up with, or is there a serious movement behind it? Is the government trying to make you do something? I kinda like the phrase myself.

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home