October 30, 2006

fairground pt.5


Where in the world are you going to find Frodo painted on the back of a roller-coaster wagon? Here in KL, of course (this one's for you LeoSista!)

This was the first ride Candice and me went on and this snowballed into two other gut-wrenching, near-vomit inducing, adrenaline pumping thrilling rides of fun. The roller-coaster looked harmless. The track wasn't particularly long. So we went on it thinking it was child's play. Oh boy, were we wrong! Each wagon seats 4 passengers. Like all rollers, it travels upwards. But the moment the dips begin, the wagon twists and turns as it rides the track. There were moments I felt like I was about to be thrown out of it. Only when I got over the initial shock and dismounted the wagon did I notice Frodo (and Batman, Miss Jolie, Jessica Alba too!)

To the 5 of you who commented on yesterday's shot before I posted Frodo all get a KL postcard. Just send me your addresses on our DP email. Yay! Can't wait to lick the stamps!

13 Comments:

Blogger Lisi said...

Smeagol you are so sweet, up here I can see the Shire. The Brandywine River. Bag End. The Lights in the Party Tree. lol...

3:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice shot! Was the train moving? If yes, then you must be an excellent photographer! :-)

Hey Edwin, I love your post about the banana variation of Roti Canai. Would you have one or two fave places to eat in KL, in case I can come over during one of the next holidays? Thanks!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

This is wickedly cool my man! Your description of that ride was enough to keep me off it for GOOD...can I come help ya lick stamps? LOL! ;-) MISS YOU!!! COME VISIT!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tu te racontes bien que j'en ais la tete qui tourne ;o)


you tell yourself well that I in board the head which turns ;o)

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such good colours, well done!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Pod said...

i really like this shot. great colours and use of space. the sky is so black in comparison. are there more....?

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great fairground, lots of fun, that would be a great place for get together DP ;)

6:19 PM  
Blogger Bunyamin Najmi said...

Hi, Ed...
like santy...I back from my holiday vacation (mudik). Nice to visit yourblog again...

8:15 PM  
Blogger Irredento Urbanita said...

I really enjoy that movie. Good story, great effects, and good end, but I always thought that Frodo was stupid and coward.

Greetings from a peruvian in Barcelona

8:34 PM  
Blogger Curly said...

Some great shots of the funfair Edwin, I've enjoyed looking at the!

Curly's Photoshop

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha.. I took one such rides before thinking what's so scary. Arrgggggghhhhh was what I could say later...

11:22 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

Well, your Edship, that was seriously a white-knuckle read! Tame Frodo alongside it. Loved it. And Frodo is getting around too...no, I don't mean just in the fairground - nabeel posted a Frodo story on his blog last week.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Denton said...

Good capture but yesterdays was even better. I have tried a few amusement ride photo but not with much luck. After your description I am pleased that I photograph and skip the ride.

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home