October 31, 2006

fairground pt.6


This is the Challenger. It's the first ride that greets you when you enter the fairground. It swings like a pendulum and all you can hear are the screams of the passengers. Up and down and it twists as well. It goes so fast, you don't know what hit you. I can tell you I exhausted my quota of 'Oh God' and ended up with 'NOOOOOOOOOOO!' It took Candice and me about 10 minutes to decide whether to get on or not. No regrets.








I stood under it after we were done and snapped this. If only I had an audio track to accompany it. Just wild! I don't think I'd go on it again though. What we had for dinner got really uncomfortable. :)

Well folks, this is the last of the fairground attraction. I've had fun and I'm sure you have too. I'll post the rest of the shots on Flickr later today. Candice and me thank you for enjoying the ride.

ps. pop over to Candice's to read what she has to say about Ageing Junkies.

12 Comments:

Blogger GiuCe said...

...dizzy! i like that colors and the speed ;)

greetings from Peru
-giu-

12:47 PM  
Blogger wmw said...

Thanks for taking us along on the fun rides!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for dragging me to the fair - the pics have said it all. 'Till it comes around next year then - but no, not the Challenger ever again.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Where are you taking us next?

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

superbe grande roue, ca doit etre impressionnant.


superb large wheel, Ca must be impressive.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

great series. loved it! thanks edders

5:01 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

You are terrific, and the colours are gorgeous. You've taken us along on a fun ride!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That serie was very nice. My prefered is undoubtely the flying saucer caroussel, and that autoportrait with Candice reassure me : after all this, you're are still alive :-)

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice smiles, i'm sending one back ;)

4:57 AM  
Blogger The Ganasons said...

Great shots! Makes me wanna go home!

9:36 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Thanks guys! I'm getting addicted to doing series/serials. I wonder what will inspire me next. ;)

1:04 PM  
Blogger Lisi said...

Ed, since you are serious with your series, we seriously seeing...btw, tell Candice she's a sweet looking gal ;-)

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home