February 7, 2007

here's looking at you kid


The KL sky is once again clear and ablaze with the hot sun. Perfect for the amateur photographer like me. Colours are brigther, details are sharper. Any shot I take in the day comes out beautifully. After months of dreary weather, I'm out prancing like a child again. And what better place to get a shot than at the park, eh? Gave myself a project to only shot at the playground. Perfect for the child in me. I wanted to play on the swings but alas, my derriƩre didn't allow it. I did sit on this zebra rocker though. Fun.

In the papers today, it was announced that floods were no longer a threat but warned that we now may experience a drought. Oh dear. It does get very hot here. And we have a lot of forests. Fire. Clear skies at a price.

I'm getting in my bathtub now thanks.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zebra in the bathtub
Drought flood or what?
Edwin my dear child
Did you kill the kids?
None in the playground!
You must have chased them
You can get quite feral
Until you've had your bath
Oh boy what am I saying?
Must be the hot sun
Or the bushfire...

5:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

u amatuer photographer, can't be... :-)

9:02 PM  
Blogger Olivier said...

cela rappelle mon enfance et un square dans le village de ma dordogne natale.
belle photo


that points out my childhood and a public garden in the village of my native Dordogne. beautiful photograph

9:28 PM  
Blogger photowannabe said...

I'm glad the flooding has stopped but don't like the predictions of a drought.
Great capture of your steed.

2:28 AM  
Blogger Dsole said...

Great poem nathalie!!
This is a really cute zebra! :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks for the comments and compliments, Sweetie! I missed you all! Love this photo; reminds of so many happy times! Will write more about my experiences with some photos; the beginning of the trip was horrible--mi casa had bats and all other kinds of critters. Got lots of catching up to do.

1:03 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Merci Nathalie. The poem made me smile so so much. And no, I didn't scare the kids away. The playground was empty cos it was school hours.

Yes, K'pok. Amateur. Until you see a coffee table book of photos with my name emblazoned on the front cover...

Olivier, ahh...memories. Great, aren't they?

PW, I know. The heat is terrible as it is. If only everyone could walk around with a shower nozzle above their heads.

Dsole :)

WELCOME BACK KATE!!!!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I think you just told the world that you were "prancing".
....
Okay I guess we all enjoy prancing now and then....when nobody is watching! ;).
Love this shot!!!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home