January 20, 2008

cop bashing


Yes, you read the post title correctly. Cop bashing. Just look at the sorry state of this cone. One more kick and it'll fold in two. I'm tempted. The entire police force has a negative reputation in KL. I won't mention why. All blogs in Malaysia are monitored by 'them.' In recent years, they have been trying to improve this reputation with many clean-up campaigns. Can't say its been completely successful but I have met a couple of friendly inspectors. You know, I love men in uniform.

3 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

I've been paying more attention to official censoring of blogs and other stuff on the Internet in Malaysia and Singapore since I "met" your blog. I would have never guessed, because back in the 80's when I was at IBM in Japan, Malaysia was the star of all the Asia Pacific operations.

Funny how technology and culture don't progress at the same speed - often culture is left behind.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Denton said...

Use the word police not cop! This was what I told my daughter recently ... Sad about the censorship and negative reputation the police in KL have ... As for the cone ... In many US cities I have heard the joke that construction cones will soon be name their state tree given they seem to be planted and never go away.

10:14 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Meg, how true. A lot gets left behind. And yes, I'm back daily.

Denton, I like the joke. Definitely fits the situation here.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home