June 9, 2008

up, up & away!


Up and down. A staircase somewhere in KL. Looked good. Snapped a shot. Here it is.

Okay folks, I've left it quite late to announce it but here it is. In 2 days, I'm off to Johor Bahru to spend a couple of days with a local charity, Care United. I'm there to help raise funds for their children/old folks programmes. Then when I'm done, I head straight down to Singapore where I begin rehearsals for a musical. I'm there for 2 months. The show Superhero Diaries, goes on at the end of August and will be in the Singapore Indoor Stadium. This show will see 2 of my childhood dreams come true. First, I get to share the stage with one-time popstar Debbie Gibson. I loved her songs when I was a wee tween. She plays a villain and I play one of the heroes that has to defeat her. Second, I get to perform in a stadium in front of thousands. Thousands!

But here is my promise to you. I won't disappear completely. I will take as many shots of KL as I can, save them in my vault and post at least once a week, with updates to my life in the island nation.

See you soon!

11 Comments:

Blogger Dido said...

Well spotted. I love the colours and the pattern!

5:17 PM  
Blogger ptowngirl said...

Congratulations on your helping with Care United to make a difference in the lives of others -- we need more people like you in this world! How cool that you get share the stage with Debbie Gibson! I loved her songs when she was a big hit when I was in Jr. High School. It's fitting that she fits into a part of your dream, as I remember that one of her hit singles was "Only in My Dreams". :-) I think I still have her tape! I admire you for being able to perform in front of thousands -- I myself am sort of stage-frightish, but have no problem making a clown out of myself.

Oh yes, and the photo -- now that's what I call effortless exercise; you get it even when you're not trying to, just by climbing the stairs!

ptowngirl
HamptonRoadsDailyPhoto.com

5:49 PM  
Blogger marley said...

Wow Edwin! Mixing with stars. Will you really remember all of us. Lol :)

Godd luck and enjoy your up coming experiences. I look forward to your posts when they come.

Take care,
Marley :)

4:35 AM  
Blogger USelaine said...

Congrats Edwin! Break a leg! It sounds like hard work AND a lot of fun!

5:14 AM  
Blogger J.C. said...

All the best in this new performance!! Look forward to more news on this play!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Love the graphic quality of this shot, Edwin. For a sec I thought those girls were doing the tagging!
Best wishes for your performances, and I hope you enjoy every moment of it.
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

3:41 PM  
Blogger Pod said...

debbie gibson? ha ha!
get you!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Great angles in this, Edwin!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

Edwin, I first wanted to say how much I enjoyed your latest photos, but then I read your lines and discovered the historic news. Wow Edwin, you're a star! I'm so pleased and so proud of you.
Enjoy and be good!
Will be back regularly for your weekly reports.
Kiss kiss kiss
Nathalie

8:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that reminds me, i have yet to book the tickets :-)

can i get an autograph? haha..

3:02 PM  
Blogger libpuritan said...

nice shot. very simple, but packed in with a dollop of impact. linking your site among my faves. =)

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home