July 21, 2008

le grand bleu


After many days of being headless and restless, I decided to go to the one place I never thought I'd go to. Aquaria KLCC, the biggest aquarium in Malaysia. I've been to Sea World and Marine Land, I've snorkeled a few blue waters and told myself that Aquaria wouldn't surprise me much. Its one of those 'must-have' Malaysian things. We want it, we build it but it never achieves its desired effect (except the gorgeous Twin Towers of course!)

So, like I said, I was restless and wanted to see something different in this city. Paid my RM28 entrance fee (RM38 for non-M'sians) and merrily sauntered in. As great as it was to be underwater and see all these beautiful creatures, it saddened me to see them all in enclosed areas and tanks. I guess this stems from my own need to have space to roam without having to bang my nose on a wall at every turn.

This shot was taken inside the 90-metre tunnel. It was beautiful to see turtles, sharks, stingrays and schools of fish swimming above my head. I came out of the tunnel and went back in for another 90-metres.

Tomorrow, Nemo and I don't mean Captain. Didn't see him anywhere.

5 Comments:

Blogger Hilda said...

For non-divers like me, this is as close as we can get to life under the sea. An aquarium like this finally opened recently here in Manila, and I'm just waiting a few more months before I visit—when the rest of the exhibits have opened.

Love the color!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Fredrik said...

Great colours! The fish to the left is so cool.

10:56 PM  
Blogger marley said...

What a striking blue! I like visiting aquariums, but haven't been to one in ages. This looks like a really good one.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Jane Hards Photography said...

I can't believe that let you take photos in here, I am so envious. It's a wonderful shot, all that swooping blue colour. Excellent.

11:39 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Yup, photography was permitted as long as no flashes were triggered.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home