August 11, 2008

birthday thankfulness


Hello everyone! I do apologize for my week's absence. I've been crazy busy doing a couple of corporate projects. Like today, I was in a think-tank meeting for 7 hours. The moment it ended, I called my friends. Today marks my 34th birthday. I would usually plan a fabulous party but because of work, I didn't think of anything. So, in one hour, we managed to book a table at a restaurant, got ready and made our way to dinner. I just came home. Completely happy and very thankful.

In keeping with the spirit of thankfulness, a picture of the woman who gave birth to me. I snapped this with a tripod just before I hopped into the shower. My mother, Yvonne.

I've not had much creative/artistic work this year but I'm extremely blessed to have a group of mad friends and equally mad mother that have kept me sane.

Cheers to us!

* I will post sporadically these next 2 weeks. corporate workload ends august 22nd. love always.

19 Comments:

Blogger alice said...

Happy Birthday Edwin! Beautiful portrait, your mother has a French name!

12:49 AM  
Blogger marley said...

Happy Birthday to you! At least the work is keeping you busy and out of trouble :)

1:21 AM  
Blogger Diederick Wijmans said...

Happy birthday, Edwin!!
A wonderful portrait of your mum and you!
Take care.

1:59 AM  
Blogger USelaine said...

A perfectly beautiful photo! Thanks Edwin, for giving us a gift on YOUR birthday.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Edwin!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Bob Crowe said...

Edwin, this is a beautiful portrait. The pose, the spirit and the lighting are all very evocative. I am sure your mother is proud of her talented son.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

What a great twin portrait! Congratulations to your mum for giving birth to such a wonderful person.
Happy birthday Edwin!

Keep it up, we're with you!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Happy, happy birthday Edwin. I just love this photo of you and your mum. She looks as special as you!

7:38 PM  
Blogger J.C. said...

Happy Birthday Edwin! May you be blessed with abundance!!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

happy birthday, edwin!

that's a great shot of you and your mum.
keep those daily photos coming.

cheers

9:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy happy birthday (belated) Edwin! You look so happy, as it should be. :)

My sis shares a birthday with you also. Have a great week.

9:27 AM  
Blogger CrazyCow said...

Happy Birthday (belated). You can have a double celebration when the corporate work is done. :-)

3:16 PM  
Blogger wmw said...

Wished you on WC's photo album earlier, your mom is so cute...she has lovely eyes and complexion!

11:50 AM  
Blogger AntiguaDailyPhoto.Com said...

Happy Belated Birthday my brother... I send you an apistolary hug.

8:54 AM  
Blogger cYrus - A proud ex Sparker! said...

Happy family =)

5:01 PM  
Blogger libpuritan said...

belated happy birthday. =) lovely heartfelt post. and beautiful pic of your mom.

8:05 PM  
Blogger irresistible said...

Happy belated birthday!! and guess wat?? we are born in the same day!!! fuyoh!! this is so cool !!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet photo!
I just found your site and I will be add it to my faves! I used to live in KL back in '98-'99 and now your photos bring back so many memories (even the voices of different places!!). I just love it!

2:30 AM  
Blogger Jerez Sherry said...

Happy Birthday Mom and son!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home