July 25, 2008

peacocked


A lady selling peacock feathers. When I was a wee lad, I loved watching the Miss Universe and Miss World pageants on telly. My favourite part was always the parade of national costumes, most of all the costumes of the South American contestants. Their costumes were always so dramatic and exuberant. I remember one Miss Brazil who had a huge collar of peacock feathers. When I saw this lady with her plumage, I was instantly reminded of that costume. It also brought back the memory of the first time I ever saw a peacock.

I have since stopped watching these pageants and haven't seen another peacock. Pity.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

I wonder what the peacock feathers are used for? Just decorative? There are several parks here where I have seen peacocks roaming around; beautiful birds.
Let’s make beautiful music together at
Sydney Daily Photo

7:10 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hi Edwin, the woman looks very contemplative. Hope that your broadband issues have been resolved or, at least, improved.
My first glimpse of peacocks was in California, and I am still surprised not only at the beauty of the shrillness of their "voices."

8:20 PM  
Blogger Jilly said...

Peacocks and peacock feathers are so beautiful. Some people believe it's unlucky to have their feathers in the house. I've ignored that and have some in my bathroom.

Just caught up on some of your lovely photos, Edwin.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The lady looks so 'sedih'.
Did you go cheer her up? Usually pointing the camera at a person helps. :-)


Oh, the last 2 Miss Universe, it seems Miss USA is bound to trip and fall on stage! It is going to be their new tradition? hmmm

7:01 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Edwin, I have posted something for you today :-)
Sydney Daily Photo

10:17 PM  
Blogger marley said...

I bet the peacock is missing his feathers! That is a big bunch.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home