August 25, 2008

Spark!


This past week was incredible. I spent it with 58 teenagers (18/19 yrs old) in a DiGi Managing Mindsets Youth Program called Spark! The idea was to bring these teens from around Malaysia and show them a different side to corporate life as well as creative expression workshops that included photography, dance, song-writing, production management and drama. Everything was geared towards showing them things they wouldn't normally experience in their daily lives.

Having worked with kids and special needs teens, I had forgotten how sheltered most youths are nowadays. When I was 18, I got into all sorts of mischief, things many of these 58 have yet to experience. So, it was with great pleasure that I got to relive my youth through these wonderful people. We laughed and cried, we spoke of future fears and we said goodbye with a smile knowing we'll meet again someday.

I would like to thank the folks at DiGi, Saffura, Guri, Frank and Sherina and the production team of Emily, Vivian, Nurha, Khai, Arief. I had a great experience. And thank you so much Sparkers for all you have taught me about the youth of our nation.

This shot was taken at the last dinner we had together. Where do we go from here? Only time will tell.

7 Comments:

Blogger cYrus - A proud ex Sparker! said...

Hope you'll remember all of us =)

1:48 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Always Cyrus... Always. :)

9:06 PM  
Blogger irresistible said...

Hey, i see me in the photo!! thank you for teaching us so much!! WE love U!!!!

10:08 PM  
Blogger KAI said...

* Just enjoy *
I won't 4get the last words given by you. Have a nice day :-)

9:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sparkling kids! :-)

5:52 PM  
Blogger O-z-a-n-a said...

Thanks for everything that u had prepared to us during spark!ling times!this was the wonderful moment that i had! thanks for choosing us to b in Spark!

1:15 AM  
Blogger VG said...

thank you so much for letting us view this wonderful intake in life.. one that we could never think of otherwise! it has been a beautiful moment for me and a really great opportunity to grasp the moment of joy n laughter..
memories that will never fade and experiences like no other..
thank you edwin for being kind to us all no matter how badly we may behaved during those times..

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home