December 29, 2006

oodles of noodles


Noodles anyone? This is a noodles franchise that is fast popping up around the city. I've not tried it myself so I have no comment about quality or taste. When it comes to noodles, I'm still an old-school-by-the-roadside-is-best kinda noodles guy. As far as I'm concerned, no one does it better than the men and women from the older generation. But they are getting old and have nobody to continue in the line. I guess that's why these 'new' noodle shops open. Mass produced for the new mass generation. Well, one day I'll walk into a shop like this. Till then.

10 Comments:

Blogger Olivier said...

beau jeux de mot avec "only mee". ta photo est une vraie photo de publicité.

beautiful puns with “only mee”. your photograph is a true photograph of publicity.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Shouldn't think they can ruin noodles too much, after all there only boiled in water.

9:46 PM  
Blogger koeiru said...

I remember eating Mee Rebos (Singapore style) way back in Primary School for lunch.
This place look very inviting.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

You and your noodles...!

10:54 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Yup, me and my nooodles. Had some for dinner, homemade...yummy! :)

Gail's Man, oh but one can ruin a good bowl of noodles. It may just be water but it's how long you blanch and the right amount and combination of sauces and condiments. It's kinda like pasta. One minutes too long and you'll never be able to say Al-Dente confidently to your dinner-party friends.

Mee Rebus...that's an idea for lunch :)

11:21 AM  
Blogger The Ganasons said...

Is she for real or is that a cut out cardboard?

2:53 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

A lifesize cardboard cut-out :)

4:31 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Life-size or cardboard, it matters not--what a sweet smile! And, I like the dude with the Santa hat in the background, too!

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, new brand ..havent tried this yet. I vote for road side noodle anytime :)

2:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had Sarawak Kolo Mee the other day, and then a different Sarawak Kolo Mee yesterday.

Is Kolo Mee becoming a fad like Bubble Tea now in KL? It seems like it is in Singapore now. In Sarawak it cost RM2, in Singapore yesterday it was SGD6.50!!! gila!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home