March 13, 2008

spot and varnish


A street cobbler. A road-side F&B lady. Today, a workman giving a gate a bit of a facelift with varnish. People. If you're following my posts this past week, you'll notice it's my homage to my nation. Post-election and the atmosphere is buzzing. The papers are filled with news of our Prime Minister having to scale down his nominations for cabinet positions due to the diminished wins of the ruling party. Yay-whoopdidoo-and all that jazz. A lot of promises being made.

The working-/middle-class obviously demand change. But how about the guy painting this gate? Or the man walking around asking you to buy lottery tickets? How will this affect them? I've made it a point to strike up a conversation with people on the street whenever I can. My favourite conversations have been with taxi drivers. Such an opinionated lot. And so insightful. I don't think many statesmen ride in taxis. They should. The nation has so much more to say than a mere X on a ballot.

We have been made a promise that we will be heard. My broadband connection is still on the blink.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Ooops VPL alert! (visible panty line). What a great shot though, concentration.

8:38 PM  
Blogger George Townboy said...

Love this shot, and the series, Edwin. Pretty cool!

9:05 PM  
Blogger marley said...

Good shot. I like your thinking behind your recent posts.

6:08 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

VERY visible panty line Lynn! LOL :P

Thanks for popping in guys.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

Lynn, I didn't know about VPL: I've learnt a great acronym today, thanks.

Thanks to you Edwin for the update on the political situation. I look forward to more follow-ups in the coming months.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home