July 30, 2006

for kris...


This is Chow Kuey Teow, a fried noodle you must have when you visit Malaysia. Penang is said to have the best but I beg to differ. This was bought in a dirty lane off Changkat Raja Chulan. You can't see the crispy pork lard (yummy) but you can see how it's topped with Chinese sausage. Somewhere under that are prawns, juicy succulent prawns.

Well, here's a story. A couple of weeks ago, I teased Kris about it. Following my comment, she and Lisi started talking to each other about it. Last week, Lisi shot me an email and asked whether I'd like to post a picture of said noodles for Kris because she missed 'home' cooked food (or something like that.) Lisi will be posting the noodles today too!

There are many variations of this Chow Kuey Teow, each one attempting to be the one closest to the original recipe. Who knows anymore? But there can only be two people who'd like to send this take-away over to one of our finest DP members. Kris, tengoklah puas-puas. Satu hari nanti, akan dirasai lagi. Jangan lupa pulang melawat sekali-sekala ya?

17 Comments:

Blogger Lisi said...

Hi Ed, see mine? Ok, you gotta tell me what are you saying in Bahasa (?)

2:06 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

just woke up, came here and my eyes wide open!!! hahah..wicked!

O my, R Chulan has one of best CKT, definitely not Penang!
now i'm hungry, and what's the remedy, this photo ?!!! very hard to chew you know -LOL!

My dear edwin, Thanks for taking the trouble *hugs*

2:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Another fried noodle. You guys really make me hungry. Have a happy Sunday Ed!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Edwin...so sweet of you! That looks yummy! Haven't tried it...

Come over to my blog I have a surprise for you :)

4:05 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

I keep looking at this and getting hungry too!

Glad you enjoyed it Kris! Lisi and me have been dying to post it.

You have a good one too Tanty.

And coming over now Anne. See you soon.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

That looks very tasty! Interesting what its served on...not a bowl or plate...is it just on wax paper or something?

8:18 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Yum!

10:15 PM  
Blogger wmw said...

Hopped over after blogging about dim sum, find more food here...hungrylah. Robert's CKT in Section 17 in the Say Huat (Say What, I call it!)Coffeeshop is good. Yes, it comes with the lard and lap cheong!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Denton said...

I hope Kris enjoyes the photo.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Icarus said...

I first stopped by and saw this about 10 hours ago. Now I comeback & it still looks so deliciousthatit's more6 more frustrating not to have a cat in hell's chance of tasting it!

What's for dessert ,Ed?
And PS, please return ASAP to read my answers to you, then please act on the request. Only my night's sleep of hours left.....

7:22 AM  
Blogger Rafleesia said...

Just had lunch of home-made Vietnamese spring rolls but damn this picture gets me all going all over again...

Also I like the pic of the Westin sky - are you sure you didn't fiddle with it? Amazing what we see when we have the time to look up...

1:40 PM  
Blogger Kala said...

thats so kewl of u guys - nice planning behind the scenes for this delicious co-posting - looks like Kris will be having two great meals in two places =)

4:58 PM  
Blogger AntiguaDailyPhoto.Com said...

You guys are making me hungry. Have I mentioned yet that Asian Cuisine is my favorite food.

Edwin, you should post a food series. I am interested in seeing form food from Kuala Lumpur.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OOOHHH!

Can't say no lah!

CKT is on the top of my fave Asian "food trips" list. Last CKT I had was in a hawker's place in Singapore... oh and also in many other places there. Really yummy! I also love HKs version, Lisi. Very tasty!

I will definitely try KL's version...! Looks really yummy! Your photo wants to be eaten...

Now, I'm hungry!

12:15 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

I will post more food shots. It's just I finish the food first before I remember to whip the camera out ;)

6:06 PM  
Blogger Min Chan said...

Edwin, your blog is making me hungry for char koey teow at 1.30 am!

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home