July 2, 2006

the second link


I'm back! Singapore was wonderful. A bag full of CDs and a lazy-susan add-on for my iMac. It swivels wherever I need it to. So, I'm posting a picture of the view from the room I was put up in at Raffles The Plaza. I was given a suite and the 5-Star treatment. The shower was amazing! It was a car-wash! It had 2 doors into the stall. Walk in one, walk out the other. Reality, however common it may be, still is the place to be. The moment I saw my bed, I fell asleep.


Here we are: the meeting of the Asian DPs. Raymond was kind enough to take time off to have a cuppa (yes, I'm the bald one!) We spoke about cameras, of course, and the things that brought us both to Singapore. He's in Data Management with IBM. The evening we met, he had to rush off for a 8pm-7am shift. And if most of you are wondering why he doesn't post on a daily basis, excuse the guy. Look at his work times! Thanks again Raymond. Hope to see you soon. Selamat Po.

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, wonderful view. You must be enjoying your time there. Have a nice Sunday!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Jazzy said...

Wow, what a view, nice sky as well.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Kala said...

that is an amazing view - the architecture of the buildings are very nice - singapore must be a very beautiful place from all the things I hear about their litter laws - Raymond has a crazy work schedule - why the midnight shift? Data should go to bed too!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Lisi said...

wonderful post Edwin...and you really do like Lotus, that's a lotus on your shirt right? ;-)

10:25 PM  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

well, as much as I enjoyed my oh-too-brief getaway, I'm happy to be home.

I know, poor raymond. I guess working in the IT industry doesn't have all the perks. Data, even on Star Trek, never rests. ;)

yes, lisi. I love the Lotus. i even have one tattooed on my back. it is such a beautiful flower. when I next visit HK, I must go to that Lotus garden you posted about.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Love the tee shirt Edwin and what a view from your room!!!My parents used to take me for Sunday curry at the Raffles cricket club way back in the early 70's, great memories:) What are those two huge strange looking things over on the left?

1:06 AM  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

Oh, what memories you have too! Sunday curry! Can you see the cricket club in the picture?

Those two strange things are the Esplanade, Singapore's Arts Centre built on reclaimed land.

1:16 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Absolutely, it’s down there on the right. Where do you prefer KL or Singapore?

1:34 AM  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

home may be where the heart is but singapore does have it's allure. hmm...you made me think...

1:40 AM  
Blogger Ineke said...

O I'm soo jealous :)

2:44 AM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Singapore looks amazing! Nice to "see" you and Raymond!

4:21 AM  
Blogger PDPB said...

Hmm, another link to IBM. Strange ;)

1:35 PM  
Blogger Nicola said...

Cool - you guys met! The building on the left on your upper photo looks funny! The roof reminds me of a colander.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

Colander! That's a good one. the Singaporeans would love that description of their Arts Centre ;)

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home