March 22, 2008

yo mama!


Hello Weekenders! My internet is down, as I predicted. I am now in a karaoke room with a couple of friends. I love to sing and it helps it's Wi-Fi enabled. It's pissing down outside and it's gonna piss down in here too what with all the fighting over the microphones, blasting our vocal prowess at each other.

Here's a bright little shot of our KL graffiti. 'Mama' is the word du jour. Getting my mum to cook with me. She used to cook up a storm when I was younger. There was always something to eat whenever I walked into the kitchen. But ever since my dad passed away about 9 years ago, she stopped cooking and began her 'takeaway' years. She's not in the best of health, and neither am I. With that in mind, I realized fresh home-cooked food was best for us. So I started cooking. She still hasn't embraced the idea but I'm determined to show her life is still worth living and so very delicious.

Have a great Easter weekend.

8 Comments:

Blogger George Townboy said...

The graffiti is cool!

I feel for your Mum, she must miss your Dad terribly. Keep on cooking, I'm sure it helps!

8:54 PM  
Blogger alice said...

I'm sure your Mum enjoys her time with you, whatever you cook! I'm sure you're a wonderful son.
I wish you a very good week end and I hope you'll get internet back very soon (karaoke places can be...terrible!)

9:07 PM  
Blogger marley said...

Lovely bright shot. Keep cooking for your Mum, just being there is so important.

Happy Easter to you too :)

2:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

have a nice weekend , edwin. and look after yourself. you need to be healthy for your mum. i hope whatever you are having is not too serious.

i have enjoyed your daily photos ever since i discovered you.

allbest

10:34 AM  
Blogger  gmirage said...

Nice grafitti! This reminds me of the song Bohemian rapshody =)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Kris McCracken said...

There are not that many nicer things that you can do for somebody than cook them a meal.

Well done, and I hope that you both enjoy Easter!

6:26 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

thank you all so very much. I've had a terribly taxing week which only ended tonight (Sunday) and I can't wait for this next weekend when I can sit back and enjoy being at home. Internet connection is still shite. Haven't visited any of you for a week now. But I'll be back. Need to patiently scream a silent scream to my service provider again.

I'm just so happy to see my bed ;)

11:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You sound tired!

I have not had much home cook meals too :-( You should change your broadband provider!

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home