March 24, 2008

root-a-toot-toot


This was one of the shots I had taken for the March DP Theme Day post. I forgot about it. I've been busy these past few days and haven't taken many shots for posting. So, I wandered into my KLDP reserve library and came across it. I found this stencil art on a wall of an abandoned colonial house. It's not on private property so I wasn't being an outlaw. It's a row of houses standing a couple of feet from a main road in KL. I walked into one and saw this. I was surprised to see it. Why? Last year, I posted a shot of graffiti on this very same wall. Someone obviously painted over it and put this stencil on. Another great recycling idea. I wonder if I'll find another piece of art on it next year.

9 Comments:

Blogger  gmirage said...

This reminds me, theme day is getting near again lol.

you mean taking photos of private properties there could cause you something? I heard that in the Philippines too but I am not aware if that is implemented in Vienna...hope I don't get arrested for doing so. lol.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It made me smile. I like it.

I hope you have a nice week.

Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Some artwork isn't it, Edwin! Great.

7:31 PM  
Blogger wmw said...

Hey,that's some cool stenciling. Thanks for dropping by, I'll get Way C. to say an audible Hello to you from me! :o) When's the trip? I'm off to Egypt myself soon...hope to get some good shots.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Bob Crowe said...

I'm glad you went exploring back there. This stencil is so different from most wall art. It's an unusual subject. The figure is dynamic, walking and turning, which works well with the trumpet.

9:38 PM  
Blogger marley said...

Its a really good piece of art. Its funny how it replaced some existing grafitti :)

2:12 AM  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Great stencil art. Very 1950's Hollywood.

3:53 AM  
Blogger George Townboy said...

Beautiful stencil. Think it was stenciled on more than one wall?

3:25 AM  
Blogger i'm no Johnny said...

this is cool artwork...well done or malaysian wall artist!

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home