March 27, 2008

fiery bloom


City Hall has planted blood-red frangipani trees along the newly paved streets where I live. I guess this is one of the attempts of making the area pretty. It's been raining these past few days and when the sun came out, albeit briefly, I took the opportunity to photography these newly flowered trees. This is the shot I like best, under the blooms with the sun shining down. The moment I was done, the clouds rolled back and the rain came crashing down. Luckily, I got home just in the nick of time. Another second longer, I would have been drenched.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rafleesia said...

i'm sick of saying it... yet another one for the wall

are you keeping track cos i've lost count!

3:36 PM  
Blogger George Townboy said...

Awesome shot Edwin!

6:58 PM  
Blogger TOG said...

I have a red one ('Key West Red') and an orange one ('Kimo'). Your red looks darker then mine. Does yours have a clone name?

3:49 AM  
Blogger marley said...

This is a really really good photo! Glad you managed to stay dry!

6:30 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Not sure what the name of this strain of frangipani is. I've never seen this colour before. It's a dark red colour that looks like it's dyed. I'm waiting for more branches to grow. Then I'll cut me a branch to plant in my garden. We had one many years ago but my mother decided to chop it down. I'm determined to plant another.

Thanks for popping by. So happy you like the shot :)

5:17 PM  
Blogger  gmirage said...

Kudos to the government for beautifying the city! great shot there...

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home