April 22, 2008

torch 1


Posts for the next couple of days were taken right before the Olympic Torch relay began. This guy was one of the cyclists at the front of the relay path. He noticed a bunch of cameras, wheeled away from his bike buddies and gave us some great photo ops.

I mentioned yesterday that there weren't any protesters. The news reports said groups were dispersed prior to the launch of the relay but I later heard they were told to piss off or face a day in jail. Great dispersion tactics. Here we are, believing in the rights of all races and jail is the price for a human right to assemble. I won't mention it so go look up Malaysia's limited freedom to assemble laws. I only wished they were a little more forceful with the people who crowded around the flame and prevented the runners from actually running.

What was reported in the news on your side of the world?

4 Comments:

Blogger Rarebeet said...

Great shots Edwin! I read in the papers today that a Japanese couple and their child were arrested for wearing "free Tibet" t-shirts. And another man was detained and hurt in the process for carrying a banner which suggested something similar. Was that really necessary?

1:28 PM  
Blogger George Townboy said...

Very cool post! I get my torch news at Kuala Lumpur Daily Photo!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I did not catch the local news. Too busy to watch the telly.

I got all my news from 'the bintang' online ;-)

8:01 PM  
Blogger ptowngirl said...

Very interesting mode of transport!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home